Cardboard Computer's Patreon is a creator page on the Patreon platform which allows individuals, for a monthly fee of $1 or greater, to more closely follow the work of Cardboard Computer and the development of Kentucky Route Zero. Cardboard Computer started their Patreon on September 7, 2018; in the introduction post, they state their goal of "[finding] a more open and community-engaged development process, while keeping the mysteries alive."
Patron-only posts contain a variety of content, such as spoiler-free development and video streams, articles about process and influences, draft artwork and assets, along with other content such as "one-off short stories, formal experiments, and nano-vignettes." Patrons at the $5+ tier gain access to a development Discord server among other rewards, such as occasional items in the mail.
Cardboard Computer's Patreon page is located at https://www.patreon.com/cardboardcomputer.
List of posts
- Why Patreon? – September 7
- An introduction post providing background on the creation of the Patreon.
- Wow, what a first day -- thank you! – September 8
- A thank you post, also providing more details about Patreon rewards.
- The Evening Broadcast – September 13
- An in-depth, inside look of the creation of Un Pueblo De Nada.
- Mammoth Metal Foley – September 24
- Here's the poster for Act V! – October 3
- First postcards ordered – October 5
- Information about mail rewards.
- WEVP.TV – October 8
- The second post about Un Pueblo De Nada, focusing on the videos on the WEVP-TV website.
- Community Assemblage #1 – October 19
- A post highlighting supporters' personal projects and work, including games, art, music, and writing from the Discord server.
- KRZ t-shirts & pin now available to order – October 31
- KRZ Newsletter Archive – November 3
- Some Musical Inspiration for the KRZ OST- Pt. 1 – November 17
- VGA Gallery print of Act V poster is available now – November 21
- A note that the VGA Gallery is now selling prints of the Act V poster.
- Dev Stream Timing Poll – November 27
- A poll requesting patrons to pick a preferred time for an upcoming development stream of Tamas working on character animations in Blender.
- Second postcard order soon! – November 28
- A note about plans to create a second postcard that will be sent out in mid-December, with pledge amounts locked in on December 4.
- Dev stream tomorrow - Sat Dec 1st at 1pm CT – November 30
- Announcement about the first dev stream.